Government Contract Specialist
WVUIC is looking to hire a contract specialist with experience in government contracts, responsible for understanding and management of various government contracts, interfacing with government and prime contractors administrative contacts, and helping maintain compliance of WVUIC accounting system with the standard government accounting practices.
The job duties:
- Review contracts and prepare/update contract briefs
- Prepare project status reports with comparison of actual to budgeted costs
- Track expenses and prepare billing for government cost type contracts
- Prepare reporting schedules and support audits (internal, DCAA and DCMA)
- Assure timely and accurate reporting of all sales tax and property tax -Prepare 1099’s
- Prepare ad hoc management reports
- Prepare government financial reports (i.e. SF1034, SF1035).
- Support project managers with project accounting data
- Assist with preparing forward bid rates
- Assist monitoring, forecasting and preparing submission of company indirect rates reports
- Assist with other administrative functions (i.e. HR, purchasing) as needed.
Requirements for the job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field is required. CPA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant company experience in contract management, accounting, reporting and billing.
- Experience with ERP systems, especially with respect to project-based accounting
- High degree of fluency with Excel spreadsheets, including advanced functions (i.e. Pivot tables), and general proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of government cost accounting and standards (FAR/CAS)
- Experience with government contract audits (DCAA and DCMA)
- Experience reading and understanding government contracts
- Experience with billing government contract (i.e. WAWF)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Please send resumes to Zenovy Wowczuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Analysis Specialist
The West Virginia University Innovation Corporation (WVUIC) is seeking an Information Analysis Specialist who will support the Defense Systems Information Analysis Center (DSIAC) and Defense Innovation Proving Grounds (DIPG) programs. This is a full time position which reports directly to the DSIAC and DIPG Program Manager(s).
Essential Position Functions
Candidate will respond to DSIAC technical inquiry requests; provide articles to DSIAC in support of its electronic briefings and website; compile information for and draft state of the art reports; and draft and edit articles for the DSIAC Journal. Strong writing and analysis skills are required. Additionally, candidate will collaborate with DIPG team members and contractors on a range of technical projects. Responsibilities include operation of universal testing equipment, generation and maintenance of documentation required for test planning, testing operation, summarizing data, and testing conclusions. Candidate will be required to collect data during testing events, ensure high data integrity and clearly articulate results in test reports.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a STEM field) with 2 years industry/DoD experience or educational equivalent desired
- Technical writing experience
- Good organizational skills essential
- Candidate should have demonstrated ability to communicate technical content well, analyze multi-faceted problems and be able to work well both self-directed and within a team.
The West Virginia University Innovation Corporation (WVUIC) is a research affiliate of West Virginia University (WVU) based in Morgantown, West Virginia. WVUIC researches and prototypes strategies for improving defense capabilities by aligning innovations, investments, and incentives in academia and industry with unmet needs in the national security and public safety communities. WVUIC is dedicated to building collaborative partnerships and solving the nation’s most difficult national security and public safety technology challenges.
WVUIC’s mission is to solve emerging government and industry challenges by delivering innovative applied research and technical solutions through an agile non-traditional approach. Our innovative business approach directly connects emerging industry and government challenges with WVU’s academic resources and leading-edge technology.