Government Contract Specialist
WVUIC is looking to hire a contract specialist with experience in government contracts, responsible for understanding and management of various government contracts, interfacing with government and prime contractors administrative contacts, and helping maintain compliance of WVUIC accounting system with the standard government accounting practices.
The job duties will include:
- Review contracts and prepare/update contract briefs
- Prepare project status reports with comparison of actual to budgeted costs
- Track expenses and prepare billing for government cost type contracts
- Prepare reporting schedules and support audits (internal, DCAA and DCMA)
- Assure timely and accurate reporting of all sales tax and property tax -Prepare 1099’s
- Prepare ad hoc management reports
- Prepare government financial reports (i.e. SF1034, SF1035).
- Support project managers with project accounting data
- Assist with preparing forward bid rates
- Assist monitoring, forecasting and preparing submission of company indirect rates reports
- Assist with other administrative functions (i.e. HR, purchasing) as needed.
Requirements for the job will be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field is required. CPA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant company experience in contract management, accounting, reporting and billing.
- Experience with ERP systems, especially with respect to project-based accounting
- High degree of fluency with Excel spreadsheets, including advanced functions (i.e. Pivot tables), and general proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of government cost accounting and standards (FAR/CAS)
- Experience with government contract audits (DCAA and DCMA)
- Experience reading and understanding government contracts
- Experience with billing government contract (i.e. WAWF)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Please send resumes to Zenovy Wowczuk at email@example.com.